The Bard and Jester

Welcome Readers! Here you will find some real life experiences and musings that I'd like to share with you. So, come on in, if you have the time and I'll do my best to be entertaining... Please click on my sponsors' links!!! Established March 12, 2005.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

I can be a clown, a poet, a fool, a romantic, a diplomat, a beast...it all depends upon the timing and circumstance.

Monday, March 21, 2005

Love & the Internet


lover moon
Originally uploaded by vraven.

I first met my wife through an online personals that I had half-forgotten about.

And since she had responded to my ad, I tease her by telling people, when explaining about how we first met, that she took one look at my photo and said,"Ummmm...yeah, I gotta get me some of that."

The internet, for me, is a magical thing of wonder. Like the weather in Steve Martin's imaginative romantic tale, LA STORY, the internet changed my life three times.

First, it opened up paths into spiritual exploration where I was finally able to break free of the last lingering cobwebs of my Catholic programming.

Second, it led me to NERO, a LARP (see nerohq.com for details) which brought me a huge creative outlet and an activity so dear to my heart that it sustained me during the most troubled time of my life.

And third (and three's the charm!) it brought me to my wife and the love of my life.

The thought that the internet can work miracles may seem, to others, silly or crazy...but not to me.

Each new day with my wife reminds me of the miracles the internet can work.

"Then I saw her face, now I'm a believer..."
-The Monkees


2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick Von Raven said...

Sorry commenters...this article had gotten erase accidentally, along with your comments.

March 22, 2005 8:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this made me tear up a little <3 your cousin, kristin*

June 04, 2005 11:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home