The Bard and Jester

Welcome Readers! Here you will find some real life experiences and musings that I'd like to share with you. So, come on in, if you have the time and I'll do my best to be entertaining... Please click on my sponsors' links!!! Established March 12, 2005.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

I can be a clown, a poet, a fool, a romantic, a diplomat, a beast...it all depends upon the timing and circumstance.

Monday, March 14, 2005

Superheroes in the NYC Subway


bat signal
Originally uploaded by vraven.

Once, while commuting on the NYC subway, I saw Batman.

Well, not the real crimefighter, but a homeless beggar who had made a crude batman costume out of soiled gray longjohns. He had a homemade bat symbol attached to his chest with a safety pin and a tattered dark blue vinyl cape. While he wore no mask, he had done up his dark kinky hair in two places like the points of Batman's cowl. All that was missing was the utility belt.

He was barefoot and dirty, but had a merry gleam in his eyes and a joker's grin on his lips.

"Spare change?" he asked, jingling coins in a coffee cup. "Robin crashed the batmobile so I need money to get it fixed."

I gave him some cash...he defintely earned my dollars.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice to hear that batman is alive and well!!! ;)

March 15, 2005 1:17 PM  
Anonymous AB said...

Love this story! :)

June 08, 2005 11:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home