The Bard and Jester

Welcome Readers! Here you will find some real life experiences and musings that I'd like to share with you. So, come on in, if you have the time and I'll do my best to be entertaining... Please click on my sponsors' links!!! Established March 12, 2005.

My Photo
Name:
Location: New York, United States

I can be a clown, a poet, a fool, a romantic, a diplomat, a beast...it all depends upon the timing and circumstance.

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Plastic Bag On the Wind

A plastic bag floats on the wind
catching currents and refusing to fall,
to plunge.

It's billowing body
suddenly becomes a confused acrobat
twisting,
flipping,
reversing its direction.

Now the bag falls,
but no...
it struggles,
floats,
catches a handhold on a breeze.
Up now into the air-circus,
a lone peformer!

Down now as it finally drops.
The bag scrapes along the sidewalk
until, exhausted, it stops
and hugs the stiff pole
of an unimpressed parking meter.

1993 Patrick Von Raven

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home